Postdoctoral Research Scientist – Cell culture technology and enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) development
Salary: £27,500 – £31,500 pa, based on experience
This post is available for 6 months in the first instance, with the view to transitioning to permanent employment.
Revivocell is a spin-out from Lancaster University that is focused on developing novel cell culture approaches. We provide platforms that enables 3-D (three dimensional) cell culture growth and multicell type cell culture platforms in a laboratory environment, which better replicate physiological conditions to improve research in drug discovery practices and other life science applications.
Revivocell is committed to revolutionizing approaches that improve understanding of disease and drug development processes as well as reducing the reliance on animal testing. Revivocell has a successful track record of the development of cell culture disease models, screening platforms and devices. A great opportunity has arisen to join our expanding company, after receiving funding from our Liverpool Future Innovation Fund to develop a novel COVID-19 screening platform in support of the pandemic.
Revivocell is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist to join our team to develop our product range through internal activities and work with our academic and industry collaborators. We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience cell culture techniques and ELISA assay development. You will work with our partners develop a novel COVID-19 screening and other cell culture/co-culture models that can be incorporated in our (patented) novel cell culture device.
The post is based at the internationally recognised science and innovation campus at Sci-Tech Daresbury, Warrington, United Kingdom.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Cell culture growth including co-cultures
- Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay design and implementation
- Perform cell culture growth experiments including monitoring their responses to test agents
- Preparation of journal papers for publication of project findings in high-impact
reviewed scientific journals
- Work as part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Liaising with our partners where necessary
- Generating reports and delivering internal and external presentations
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A PhD in cell biology or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in enzyme linked immunosorbent assay
- Experience of cell culture including primary cells
- Publication record appropriate to stage of career including first author research publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience in designing and constructing 3D cell culture scaffolds
- Knowledge and experience in immunofluorescence staining and confocal microscopy
- Knowledge and experience in the assessment of toxicity/safety testing of drugs
- Awareness of R&D and commercial processes in biotechnology companies
- Experience of managing other scientists and projects
Application procedure and key dates
Should you wish to be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 4th of January at 12:00 noon.