Revivocell is a UK spin-out from Lancaster University based at Sci-Tech Daresbury Science Incubator Hub, Cheshire. We develop cell culture technology to improve life sciences research and enhance drug discovery success. We want to enable scientists to be more creative in their research by proving next dimension cell culture technology, which is easy to use and interactive, whilst closely mimicking body-like conditions and reducing animal testing.
The new CELLBLOKS® platform is versatile and straightforward to use, enabling researchers to create their own unique experiments. CELLBLOKS® is unique because like no other plate platform allows you to study complex in-vivo like cell-cell interaction studies with ease. The interactive “plug and play” nature of the device makes it versatile allowing you to perform a wide range of cell-cell combination studies. Using CELLBLOKS® you can build complex models by simply putting together different cell growth Blocks in one platform that are designed to mimic both barrier organs and those in systematic circulation.
The platform is designed in standard SBS plate format that makes it compatible with standard readout equipment and minimizes any workflow disruption.
Three platform options available include:
CELLBLOKS® Barrier Kit
- The kit aims to help researchers simulate barrier functions of epithelial and endothelial organs and tissues, for instance, intestinal layer modelled with CaCo2 cells and brain endothelium with HBEMCs
CELLBLOKS® Circulatory Kit
- Designed to simulate body non-barrier function of organs including cells in direct systematic circulation (e.g. liver, heart, lung)
CELLBLOKS® Customised KIT
- This Kit is designed to test the interaction effects of up to three-cell types of both barrier organs and those in systematic circulation, all in one platform
The technology has number of applications including:
- Pre-clinical drug screening such as Drug Induced Liver injury (DILI) modelling
- Tissue engineering (e.g., modelling of dermis/epidermis skin layers)
- Cancer models (e.g., interaction of carcinoma with stroma and immune & stem cell compartments.
If you like to work with Revivocell on development projects and products where CELLBLOKS® technology could improve your research outcomes please contact us.